We have just had 2 fantastic fun-filled days at Oak Farm. We learnt what it was like to live and work on a farm and just what hard work being a farmer is.
While we were there, Tina and James taught us lots of new facts and challenged us to find out others. I am therefore, setting you a quiz as a challenge. You may remember some answers but others may need a bit of research. Try to answer as many questions as you can. Here goes:
1) How big is the farm?
2) You know what ‘you’ means (as in you and me). What other 2 spellings of the word did you learn and what do they mean?
3) What’s the name for vegetables that grow in a pod?
4) What drug is produced from yew trees and what is it used for?
5) What is a chicken’s normal body temperature? Is it the same as ours?
6) How long do hens and ducks sit on their eggs?
7) How long are the following animals pregnant for? a) Horses b) Cows c) Sheep
8) How can you tell if a duck is a drake?
9) Tell me a fact that you were told about the horns.
10) Make up your own question for other keen bloggers to answer.
If you would rather blog and tell us about your day then that is also fine. What was your favourite part of the day? What did you learn? Would you like to be a farmer?
I can’t wait to read all of your responses. Make sure that you say which question number you are answering. Thank you all for making the two trips so enjoyable.